Someone's in the house. He's watching. He's creeping round, only you can't see him. He's watching you from the walls. He's right behind you now. Looking over your shoulder. He wants the remote control. He's a bad boy. He wants to watch bad movies. Bad bad Ronald...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BadRonald Celebrates Women in Horror Month with Kayla Perkins

Kayla Perkins has yet to cover two decades on this earth, but already she's amassed a filmography that totals more film appearances (near 30 roles) than many actors three times her age.  Besides acting, Kayla fills up her time with modeling, festival appearances, school, and multiple part time jobs.  I wanna thank her for taking time out to cover some WiHM questions...


BadRonald:  You're 18 now (is that correct?) and you're already a veteran of over 25 films. How did you get your start in the business? And how did you come to be one of the newest scream queens?

Kayla:  I've done some plays in school growing up and have competed in Miss Kentucky Pageant system since I was little and won titles from Little Miss, Pre Teen and My Most recent Teen Miss Scott Co. I am also Former Junior Miss KY. I just have loved being on stage and Pageants keep me performing in front of people. There wasn't much to do in our small town so it was the one thing I loved and keep me busy. I have always loved being in front of the camera. Even when I was little I would go get my Moms camera and tell her to take a pic of me. I get told a lot that I was born to be on camera and that the camera loves me! People have been watching me and my work alot lately and asked me to do interviews for the websites and radio shows etc and most of my horror films I am in has a lot of me screaming in them and so my scream has got me a lot of attention and the title of Scream Queen.

BadRonald:  You've been juggling film work, school, modeling, and regiular jobs. Where did you learn this kind of great work ethic?

Kayla:  My Mother, she told me to always follow my dreams. To go after it and that it won't come to you and that you have to work hard at something and if you want it bad enough you can do anything that you set your mind too.

BadRonald:  Is horror a genre you've enjoyed outside of work?

Kayla: Yes, I love all genre. I just love acting, It's my passion and I will work on any kind of movie just to perfect my skill. Like the saying, the more practice you get the better you will be.

BadRonald: What are your influences in film and in work (people and movies that have inspired you)?

Kayla:  Omg! there are so many great actress out there that influences me like Dakota Fanning, Danielle Harris, Scout Compton, Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts my list goes on and on but those are the ones who pop in my head at this moment.

 BadRonald:  Having started in this business at a young age, how has your view of the business changed (if indeed it has) from when you were a young girl, to now as a young woman?

Kayla:  Not alot has changed except for the fact that I can play alot more aged range in roles now where I can play 15-24 range.

 BadRonald:  Can you tell me what it's like, being a women in world of horror (what is your view on the role of women in horror)?

Kayla:  I really don't see that it is any different from other genre of movies except for the screaming and being a bloody mess at times but I wouldn't have it any other way!

BadRonald:  With all the experience you've gained in the film business, will you move into a role behind the camera?

Kayla:  I don't see me doing that anytime soon. I think their job is alot more stressful then being an Actress. There is a lot that goes into making a movie.

Thank you Kayla!

See more on Kayla at her website:  kaylaperkins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment