Someone's in the house. He's watching. He's creeping round, only you can't see him. He's watching you from the walls. He's right behind you now. Looking over your shoulder. He wants the remote control. He's a bad boy. He wants to watch bad movies. Bad bad Ronald...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just a Nibble, Please

As I've mentioned before, I'm not that into big FX movies. So, why the hell am I looking so forward to seeing Piranha 3D?! I haven't even cared to see a 3D flick since I saw Friday the 13th: 3D... well, maybe that explains it. I still don't have a desire to see Avatar, and I probably never will (I've barred anything with James Cameron's name on it from my life).

Oh wait... I think the reason why is coming back to me. Kinda reminds me of another movie poster...

Oh yeah! That's why I went to see this flick as well. Monsters and bums! What a good reason to slap down some hard earned bucks at the local bijou. [Yes, I know Cameron was one of the directors of this film]

I gotta admit -- and I'm sure I'm not the only one here -- that my adoration of these genre flicks was nourished by their marriage of gore and girls, or more specifically girl's bods. As far as I can remember, pretty young things and nasty ghoulish things were linked, arm in bloody arm, doing the Thriller skank.

I've been watching movies all my life, and I was proud to have known the names Roger Corman, Samuel Z. Arkoff and William Castle since I was a spit in the pants. I could tell a Hammer Horror from an Amicus flick before the opening credits rolled. I saw every Vincent Price frightening flick before I was 10. And the image of Raquel Welch sporting a fur mini skirt from One Million Years B.C. was hanging from my bedpost quicker than I could rip it from my older (and very pissed off) brother's Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine.

Yes, sultry skin and torn flesh have made me who I am today. So, no bother that James "Dickweed" Cameron is the new Godfather of 3D -- I'm going to see the "feels like I'm there getting laid and having my skin chewed off" spectacle of Piranha 3D in a theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment